The Leader of Reference Checking in Luxembourg
Exaggeration of duties and responsibilities, untrue information or hidden information has become a common practice in the employment market.
A growing demand from companies was observed in the past years and the benefit of conducting effective reference checks thanks to a tailored method has been highly valuable for employers.
Background Check allows companies to secure their recruitment processes by gaining greater insights from their candidates’ qualifications, experiences and attitude in a professional environment.
Background Check is involved in pre-/post- employment periods to manage and oversee the background check program and verify the information provided in the CV of potential/newly-hired candidates. The process consists in ensuring the accuracy of information provided in a CV by a candidate who is involved in a recruitment process.
Advantages of integrating BackgroundCheck services for companies
- The integrity of new employees is guaranteed: Professional and educational backgrounds of new employees are verified by our Background Check consultants;
- The recruitment process is successful and maintains a positive internal atmosphere (no disappointments related to untrue information);
- No early termination of the employment contract, no replacement cost, etc. This process allows your company to avoid unexpected costs related to the recruitment process;
- Smart and effective investment into the training and probation period of newly hired employees;
- As a result: a compliant recruitment process where data is verified and confirmed by a neutral third party!
Some key indicators
A validated background check means that the data mentioned in the CV has been 100% verified and confirmed.
When facing non validated background check regarding misleading or hidden information in the CV, the most reported cases (about 60%) are related to false information about educational background (i.e. failure to obtain or false obtention dates of the diploma).
Followed by, there are 25% of cases related to personal and professional references from past managers that are not reported positively about the professional behaviour, skills and performance of the candidate. And around 20% related to mismatches of job titles and exact employment dates.
|False information about educational background _||60%|
|Mismatch of employment dates||12%|
|Mismatch of job titles||8%|
Features for clients
A digitalised process for continuous service improvement.
- A streamlined process for reference checking;
- A web-based platform to launch the process and download reports;
- Reduced administrative work in document collection;
- 24/7 access.
How do I access?
A specific platform is dedicated for you to manage your background check requests.
For a new registration:
Login and password are necessary to access the service, please contact us.
As a client:
- Enter your login and password to start the process;
- With our 1-click solution and only 5 fields to be completed, the background check is ready to be launched;
- The final report is available within 5-15 business days;
- Once completed, you will receive an email indicating that the report is available for download from the platform.
Untrue information related to professional experience or diploma is immediately reported.
The process 5 steps for CV validation and a compliant recruitment process
How is the reference checking conducted?
- The references are taken by phone;
- No geographic limitation;
- No language limitation thanks to our multilingual team.
What does a report look like? What kind of information is gathered?
- A set of questions is designed for each package to gather professional references;
- The references are taken from direct managers and N+2 for each professional experience;
- Reports are written in English;
- Final reports are exclusively available for download through the platform.
What happens in case of exaggeration of duties and responsibilities, untrue information or hidden information?
- Untrue information is immediately reported.
1. Personal Data Verification
This check reveals whether the applicant is who he or she claims to be:
- ID - passport – address verification
- Directorship Check
- Criminal record
- International sanctions Checks
- Financial Probity Check
2. Past Employer References
Based on the information provided in the CV by the candidate, Background Check consultants will contact HR Departments and former Managers to verify the following elements:
- Previous employment dates
- Job title
- Exact role within the company/organisation
- Detailed responsibilities
- Main achievements and areas or competencies
This specific package reports accurate information based on verified data collected from every single employer.
The employment references will be conducted by phone and confirmed in a written form.
For specific cases like senior level candidates holding mandates in different companies as a Board Member, these professional assignments will be verified (i.e.: Director’s mandate with different companies).
3. Attitude/Behavioural Skills
The purpose is to present the professional and behavioural profile of the candidate gathered from professional referees and direct managers. This process helps in describing the perceived image of the person in a given moment of the professional life by people having worked with on a daily basis.
The following topics will be considered:
- Main behavioural skills
- Management style
- Values system
- Potential of Development
This specific package reports information based on referees’ testimonials. These references are only conducted through a phone conversation and reported with objectivity and transparency.
4. Education Verification
Educational background, diplomas and professional certifications are verified by Background Check. Schools/Universities and Institutions are specifically contacted to confirm:
- Confirmation of academic qualifications
- Date of attendance - Award type - Subject of degree
- Qualification type: PhD - Master – Bachelor
- Trade membership - Date of affiliation – licence number – Country of qualification
The first professional experiences during studies of a junior
candidate or young graduate are considered, entering in the
scope of a first professional experience internships,
Erasmus programmes and VIE.
Internship coordinators will act as referees for this period.
5. Professional E-Reputation & Web Activities
The objective is to verify the consistency of online information about a future employee in order to prevent any risk of reputation that may affect the organization.
The search is carried out on different social networks as well as on the public Internet, based on the first and last name of the candidate. Additional keywords can be used to compare and confirm authentication of online information.
- Verification of e-reputation
- Consistency of online and media information
- Adverse media search
The information provided is limited to the applicant’s employment history to not infringe the confidentiality of the private data protection.
GDPR & Legal Frame
Background Check Services are managed with full discretion and confidentiality in compliance with the data protection laws and regulations of Luxembourg.
For more information, please contact us.